Genre: Psychological Thriller, Adult Fiction
Published: August 18, 2026
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ (3/5)
Thank you to Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op and NetGalley for this gifted ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This story is about Ivy, early 20s, who is dating Kai, a sweet guy whose big dream is making prosthetic arms for veterans. Ivy is super rich, and her father doesn't like their relationship; he already has someone else picked out for her. Kai’s family runs Lindholm Doors, and though the business is struggling, his father is there for him. Meanwhile, Ivy’s father's shadow haunts them.
The book switches between Ivy and Kai’s POV. We watch them chase their goals, fight for their love, and actually get married. But then, things get real, and he suddenly changes. They hit a totally unexpected challenge that flips both their lives upside down, and suddenly their relationship isn’t just about disapproving parents anymore; it’s tangled up with mental health and messy circumstances neither of them saw coming.
I love how the author uses metaphor in this book. She touches on some really sensitive mental health topics and does it with so much care and love, and it’s beautiful. That part felt so real and quite touching.
This book is officially tagged as a psychological thriller, but I think it's more like a general fiction type of book that should feel emotional; instead, I felt nothing. The tone felt kinda flat, so when I finished, I honestly didn’t even know what to feel. I thought I should feel sad or something, but it was just neutral. So, the emotional impact wasn't really there for me.
Overall, it’s just okay. The mental health representation and beautiful writing make it worth reading. If that’s your vibe, give it a shot!

Comments
Post a Comment