Genre: Romance, Adult Fiction
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ (3/5)
Published: July 28, 2026 by Kensington Publishing
The story focuses on Ella Rendale and Justice Beathach, who come from powerful rival families, the kind loaded with old grudges, high stakes, and all the tense drama you’d find in mafia-style circles. Ella’s father left her his company, only for her stepmother to take it away. But this is no ordinary Cinderella story; Ella is sharp, tech-gifted, furious, and fueled by pure vengeance. And Justice, he has every reason to hold a grudge, seeing as Ella nearly killed his brother.
I went into this book expecting an action-driven Cinderella retelling, and Ella absolutely brings that bold, take-charge energy I was hoping for. That said, the story leans heavily into the intense attraction between the two leads; so much so that it often takes center stage. It’s instant and fiery, which at times felt like it left less room for everything else. This is the third book in the Grimm Bargains series, and I think I would understand their relationship dynamic better if I read the other two books. But, overall, I didn't have a problem following the story.
It isn’t fairy-tale love at first sight; it's a "lust at first sight" thing, and they keep finding themselves drawn together even while working against each other. Things stay fast-paced and relentless, packed with dangerous schemes and characters fighting to protect or claim their empires. There’s barely a pause between all the action and tension, and honestly, I hoped there was space for their relationship to develop beyond the intensity.
All in all, this is a solid pick if you enjoy romantasy mixed with dark family drama, revenge-fueled heroines, and possessive leads. Just know going in that the spice is a major focus, and the pace rarely slows down.

Comments
Post a Comment