Genre: Romance, Adult Fiction
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (5/5)
Published: July 28, 2026 by Cranthorpe Millner Publishers
Trigger Warnings: Self-harm, domestic abuse, attempted suicide, body dysmorphia, depression, anxiety, and anxiety attacks
Tilly’s marriage has ended, and it triggers her low sense of self-worth. With nowhere else to go, she finds herself staying with the one person she never expected to turn to: her childhood nemesis.
Connor Wilson, her best friend’s older brother, has always had a way of getting under Tilly’s skin. But as she struggles with anxiety, body image, and the heavy feeling of never being enough, he slowly becomes the one person who truly understands her. What began as teasing and sharp words grows into quiet, late-night conversations, and maybe more.
This book did more than tell a story. It broke my heart and healed it too. Long after I finished reading, I found myself reflecting on my own experiences and how I navigate life’s harder moments.
Rhi Steele writes with such warmth and honesty that her characters feel real and more like people you see around. There were moments I saw myself in Tilly, which made her journey feel all the more meaningful.
And truly, everyone deserves someone like Connor. Someone who sees you, supports you, and accepts you exactly as you are. His steady presence brings so much warmth to the story.
The emotions run deep, but they are beautifully balanced with hope, love, and silly moments that made me smile. I could hardly put it down. It is a story that hurts, then comforts most wonderfully.
I highly recommend this if you want a story that will make you laugh, bring you to tears, and leave you reflecting on yourself. Remember to pay attention to trigger warnings before you read it.
Thank you to Cranthorpe Millner Publisher for allowing me to be part of the book tour.

Comments
Post a Comment