Genre: Romance, Adult Fiction
Format: eBook & Audiobook
Expected: August 27, 2026
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4/5)
Wild About You is about a veterinarian, Cassie Thompson, who comes to Maryland for a fresh start. But then she bumps into an escaped tiger and a grumpy lumberjack/landlord, Noah Reed. Noah’s swamped with work, tricky tenants, and heavy baggage, while Cassie’s sworn off heartbreak, until one wine-fueled night turns their bickering into something far more personal. Now, with Noah's mother's sanctuary and Cassie's career on the line, these reluctant neighbors must set aside their differences and undeniable spark to save what matters most.
Here’s the thing that really got me: this book didn’t just give me a cute romance; it gave me great characters. I loved how much we get to see of each character's pasts, their struggles, and all the stuff they’re still healing from. Nothing felt forced, which made me connect with them more easily. It’s got all the good stuff too: the banter, funny moments, sweet scenes, and that cozy exotic animal sanctuary setting that just felt so warm and peaceful.
I was lucky enough to get both the eBook and audiobook versions, and I think the narrator is actually great at doing the characters’ voices. You can really feel all the emotions in the characters' dialogue parts. But when it comes to the narration parts, she sounds almost robotic, and honestly, I totally zoned out a few times because it just didn’t feel natural. If you still want to listen to the audiobook, go for it; I still think it's worth it, but I’d definitely recommend you pick up the book too.
All in all, if you like small-town romance with real emotional depth and good MCs' chemistry, this one is for you. It’s funny, heartfelt, swoony, and just so genuinely good!
Thank you to Hambright PR for this gifted ARC and ALC in exchange for an honest review.

Comments
Post a Comment